This is a place to share recipes. You are welcome to use any recipe found on this site, as well as add your own favorite recipes for others to use. There is no sign-up, which means no email spamming. (YAY!) All use of Recipe Catalog is completely optional, and free of charge.
After a change in hosting solutions we are back up and running. Hopefully this new solution will be much more reliable. There will be some upcoming changes to the codebase, so please report any bugs/typos to your friendly neighborhood SysAdmin.
|1/2 cup||Apple Cider Vinegar|
|1/2 cup||Mustard, Dijon|
|1/4 tsp||Onion powder|
|1 dash||Celery salt|
|1 pinch||Cloves, ground|
|1/4 tsp||Ginger, ground|
|2 tsp||Pepper, Black|
|6 tsp||Sugar, brown|
Serves: 4 people
1. Combine dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, molasses, and brown sugar into a small to medium saucepan.
2. Add remaining ingredients (spices) and bring to a boil.
3. Once boiling, turn it down to low and let it simmer for 5-8 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
4. Give it a taste and see how it's coming out - all of the spice measurements are approximate. Add more smoked pepper if you want it smokier, add more brown sugar if it's too acidic/not sweet enough (I had this problem at first), add more vinegar if it's too sweet, etc. The beauty of cooking for yourself is that you can do whatever you want!
5. Remove from heat and let it cool and thicken up a bit for at least 15 minutes